The Mrs Club
Saturday, June 7, 2008 I'm in love...with a girl named Bassey...

I first heard of Bassey Ikpi about 8 years ago and I fell in love from the first moment I saw her hands move to the rhythm of her words. She spoke the words that my soul longed to say, but my heart was too unsure.
She stood on that stage, a petite amazon. Starting fires of passion, slicing through clouds to create clarity; Her armor gleamed. I wanted to fight on her side. I knew they would win.


Here is one of her pieces that I just love...I dedicate it to all of you. I've had a trying day and these words made me cry...like she said...There is no shame in tears...But I felt better and stronger afterwards...So Miss Bassey...It does help!

When you think it will help

Posted by Naija Babe :: 9:27 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------